Monday, April 17, 2017

Figurative Abstract Painting "Bicycle Girl" by Elizabeth Chapman


Bicycle Girl
Acrylic on 20" x 24" canvas

Figurative Abstract Commission
SOLD


For information on commissioning your figurative abstract painting, email me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com

More of these can be seen in the figurative abstract section of my website: HERE


The latest figurative painting completed recently as a commission for my water aerobics instructor, Margaret. Having gone through my website, she fell in love with a painting that I had done years ago of my daughter, Emma.  It reminded her of her own daughter, Tamara. I knew she wanted it to be similar, but at the same time I wanted this painting to have a life of it's own. So, I also worked with the original photograph of Emma and the bike. She also asked if I couldn't perhaps make the skin color just a little darker. As I was painting, I realized that I had never mixed color for black skin. Had to google it! Why had I never done this before? I loved the richness of the colors. There wasn't much skin to cover with this painting but I mixed SO much paint just enjoying the learning process. Thank you, Margaret! Hope your enjoying "Bicycle Girl" up there on your mantel!!

No comments: