Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Spontaneous.


Singsong
Acrylic on 22" x 30" paper
(ready to frame)
Available

Speaking for myself here. Some paintings are a zippy zip, started and finished so quickly. Others are matter of layering and time and then there are few that may take a few years before the painting is revisited and finally reaches completion. These two I'm posting were very quickly created. Spontaneous works of art. 




Seminal
Acrylic on 30" x 30" canvas
SOLD

This second was actually intended to be an underpainting. I posted it on instagram and it was so loved the way that it is, that it made  me think about perhaps leaving it. Maybe it's the energy or boldness.

"So, when is a painting completed?" seems like an age old question. Again, speaking for myself...I always feel it's important to go with the flow of the painting rather than devising some sort of formula. It's not about how much time it took, but more about whether it is working or not. Sometimes, well often for me...the hardest part can be that of letting go. Especially when it happens so quickly.

On the other end of the spectrum there is the problem of maybe overdoing a painting. Again, it's the knowing when to stop. BUT, if you should take that risk and pass that point there will always be another spot of completion. Just keep going till you reach the next ahha moment.

A spontaneous, Ah yes...I love it moment!! 


O sing unto the Lord a new song, sing unto the Lord, all the earth. Psalm 96:1


Email: elizabethchapman@artlover.com


Enjoy!!... elizabeth


Website: HERE

No comments: