Saturday, December 10, 2016

Free to dream.


Daydream
Acrylic on 30" x 40" canvas

SOLD

"Everything starts as somebody's daydream." Larry Niven

Ever daydream?!

"What was the artist thinking while creating this work?" is a common question asked by collectors. Here are my thoughts:

It's good to dream and might as well dream big.  I am so thankful to be able to bring dreams to reality through the process of creating.  When I posted this painting on instagram the question was asked of me as to what the dream was about?  The short answer, "A world in which every one truly loves each other"  The longer version, is it was painted on election day here in the US (Nov. 8th), I was thinking about the division/sadness this election has caused in our nation, among family, friends, communities, etc., Like no other I have ever seen. Crazy. The dream was that we could all get along, loving each other and living in peace. What's so wrong with a little peace, love and understanding?! We ought to at least be able to respect each other's opinions and beliefs. That is what living in a free country is about. Anyway, just a dream....elizabeth


This painting can be purchased directly from my studio, contact: elizabethchapman@artlover.com
More available abstracts can be seen: HERE




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep dreaming! I love you, Donnie